The Blue Venture Fund is focused on innovating in the healthcare industry. The Healthcare industry is experiencing unprecedented change with the implementation of the Affordable Care Act; expansion of retail healthcare and rise of consumerism; new provider payment models; and rapid change in medical technology and the delivery of care.
The Blue Venture Fund provides a unique value proposition to emerging companies and health plans looking to innovate within a dynamic marketplace.
- The Fund makes equity investments in companies that align with the strategies of its BCBS Plan investors. The Funds are stage-agnostic and typical investments range from $1M to $20M.
- The Fund partners with market-leading CEOs to provide strategic guidance, partnership introductions, strategic sales support, and Board oversight.
- The Fund team has well-established programs for introducing portfolio companies to Blue Plans to drive significant revenue, distribution, and partnership opportunities.
- Plans have access to innovative companies that can lead to business development and strategy insights, vendor agreements, or M&A opportunities.
- The unrivaled market position of The Blues® and unparalleled recognition of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands attracts best-in-class emerging companies.
In line with the Blue Venture Fund’s focus on long-term strategic partnerships, we emphasize relationship building and focus on helping entrepreneurs. We respect entrepreneurs and recognize how hard it is to build a business – especially in healthcare.